NEW IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2017! The Suncoast Chapter Scholarships are now open to the entire Suncoast Region which includes the State of Florida, the State of Louisiana, the Mobile–Pensacola market area and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico!
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Suncoast Chapter offers scholarships to graduating high school seniors and to college/university students who reside within the SUNCOAST REGION that includes the State of Florida, the State of Louisiana, the Mobile–Pensacola Market area and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Students MUST plan to attend or currently attend a four-year college/university with a declared major in Communications/Broadcasting with a concentration in television in the SUNCOAST REGION. Any other major will automatically disqualify your application.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS OPEN. Deadline has been extended!
Eligibility period for application submissions is February 1st – March 24, 2017.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must reside within the SUNCOAST REGION that includes the State of Florida, the State of Louisiana, the Mobile–Pensacola market area and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and MUST plan to attend an accredited college or university in the SUNCOAST REGION
- Be a high school graduating senior or a college student with a declared major in Communications/Broadcasting with a concentration in television
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Submit an unofficial transcript
- Submit a resume along with the application
- Submit a one page bio
- Submit an essay 250 to 350 words:
As an aspiring journalist, explain why you feel it’s important for journalists to refrain from expressing personal positions in their reporting. – OR – With so many news media outlets available, how can one of them achieve the most positive impact?
- Letter of Recommendation: Please arrange to have one letter of recommendation from a faculty member
Please note: The letter should attest to character attributes such as integrity and leadership
- Participate in a personal interview with Scholarship Committee members – be prepared to give the name of the school you will attend and the cost of your tuition
If you are granted an interview, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What college/university you will be attending or are currently enrolled in?
- What is your Major?
- What will your college/university tuition be per year?
- Have you received any other Scholarships and if so, tell us about them?
- What are your career goals after you graduate college/university?
If awarded, scholarship monies will be sent directly to the college or university within the SUNCOAST REGION that you plan on attending and will be dispersed for college expenses.
All guidelines must be met to avoid disqualification. This year’s eligibility period is February 1, 2017 through March 17, 2017.