2018 Suncoast Chapter Scholarships
THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS CLOSED.
Thanks for your scholarship application submissions. The application process is now closed. You will be notified if you are granted an interview. Stay tuned …
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Suncoast Chapter offers scholarships to graduating high school seniors and to college/university students who reside within the SUNCOAST REGION that includes the State of Florida, the State of Louisiana, the Mobile–Pensacola Market area and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Students MUST plan to attend or currently attend a four-year college/university with a declared major in Communications/Broadcasting with a concentration in television in the SUNCOAST REGION. Any other major will automatically disqualify your application.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must reside within the SUNCOAST REGION that includes the State of Florida, the State of Louisiana, the Mobile–Pensacola market area and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and MUST plan to attend an accredited college or university in the SUNCOAST REGION
- Be a high school graduating senior or a college student with a declared major in Communications/Broadcasting with a concentration in television
- Applicant MUST already be accepted to a college/university
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Submit an unofficial transcript
- Submit a resume along with the application
- Submit a one page bio
- Submit an essay (250 to 350 words):
Do you believe the media has been balanced and effective in covering the government? – OR – Once you’re in the workforce in your field, how do you plan to make an impact in the industry?
- Letter of Recommendation: Please arrange to have one letter of recommendation from a faculty member
Please note: The letter should attest to character attributes such as integrity and leadership
- Participate in a personal interview with Scholarship Committee members. Be prepared to give the name of the school you will attend and the cost of your tuition
All guidelines must be met to avoid disqualification.
If you are granted an interview, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What college/university you will be attending or are currently enrolled in?
- What is your Major?
- What is your tuition?
- Have you received any other Scholarships and if so, tell us about them?
- What are your career goals after you graduate college/university?
If awarded, scholarship monies will be sent directly to the college or university within the SUNCOAST REGION that you plan on attending and will be dispersed as needed for tuition and books.
All guidelines must be met to avoid disqualification. This year’s eligibility period for application submission is February 1, 2018 through March 29, 2018.