The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Suncoast Chapter offers scholarships to graduating high school seniors and to college/university students who reside within the SUNCOAST REGION that includes the State of Florida, the State of Louisiana, the Mobile–Pensacola Market area and Puerto Rico. Students MUST plan to attend or currently attend a four-year college/university with a declared major in Communications/Broadcasting with a concentration in television in the SUNCOAST REGION. Any other major will automatically disqualify your application.
The entry process is now closed. No applications are being accepted.
Eligibility period for application submissions is February 1 – March 1, 2019.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must reside within the SUNCOAST REGION that includes the State of Florida, the State of Louisiana, the Mobile–Pensacola Market area and Puerto Rico and MUST plan to attend an accredited college or university in the SUNCOAST REGION
- Be a high school graduating senior or a college student with a declared major in Communications/Broadcasting with a concentration in television
- Applicant MUST already be accepted to a college/university
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Submit an unofficial transcript
- Submit a resume along with the application
- Submit a one page bio
- Submit an essay 250 to 350 words: How would you describe the future of broadcasting as it relates to the various digital and social platforms currently available and taking into consideration their impact on the industry? – OR – With the rapidly evolving broadcast industry and new sources for consuming content, how/where do you think local news/broadcast content will be consumed in the next decade?
- Share links for two projects you’ve worked on along with a brief description of what your role was on each of those projects
- Letter of Recommendation: Please arrange to have one letter of recommendation from a faculty member Please note: The letter should attest to character attributes such as integrity and leadership
- If chosen to participate in a personal interview with Scholarship Committee members, be prepared to give the name of the school you will attend, what semester the funds are needed for and the amount of funds needed for said semester
If awarded, scholarship monies will be sent directly to the college or university within the SUNCOAST REGION that you plan on attending and will be dispersed for college expenses.
All guidelines must be met to avoid disqualification. This year’s eligibility period is February 1, 2019 through March 1, 2019.
You will be notified if you are granted an interview.