2022 Suncoast Chapter Scholarships
The NATAS Suncoast Chapter will award a total of $93,175 to 27 Suncoast Region students for the 2022 Student Scholarship Awards. The scholarship application period for the 2022-2023 school year took place from February 1 to March 1, 2022.
Congratulations to this year’s Suncoast Scholarship Recipients! All your hard work has paid off!
Check out this distinguished list of Suncoast Scholars!
2022 Suncoast Scholarship Recipients
The 2022 Scholarship submission period has ended. Stay tuned for the next scholarship opportunity coming in 2023.
The 2022 Scholarship requirements:
Applicant must reside within the SUNCOAST REGION that includes the State of Florida, the State of Louisiana, the Mobile– Pensacola Market area, and Puerto Rico and MUST plan to attend or currently attend an accredited college or university in the SUNCOAST REGION
- Be a high school graduating senior or a college student (undergraduate student ONLY) with a declared major in Communications/Broadcasting with a concentration in television
- Applicant MUST already be accepted to a college/university
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Submit an unofficial transcript
- Submit a resume along with the application
- Submit a one-page bio
- Submit one of the two essay questions below (250 to 350 words):
The state of the industry during the pandemic period has transformed the way in which all aspects of the business are conducted. To what do you attribute this impactful and seemingly instantaneous transformation?
– OR –
How do you see future broadcast professionals being prepared in a world where most business is done virtually or in a hybrid format?
- Share links for two projects you’ve worked on along with a brief description of what your role was on each of those projects
- Letter of Recommendation: Please arrange to have one letter of recommendation from a faculty member. Please note: The letter should attest to character attributes such as integrity and leadership
- If chosen to participate in a personal interview with Scholarship Committee members, be prepared to give the name of the school you will attend, what semester the funds are needed for, and the amount of funds needed for said semester
All guidelines must be met to avoid disqualification
If you have any questions, you may call Claudia Keppinger, Scholarship Chairman at (305) 484-5773 or email email@example.com. If your call isn’t answered right away, please send a brief text identifying yourself as a Suncoast Scholarship Applicant and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Fill out the online application: