The 2020 scholarship application process is now closed. Stay tuned to our website for more information regarding applicant interviews. Thank you to all who submitted an application.
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Suncoast Chapter offers scholarships to graduating high school seniors and to college/university students who reside within the SUNCOAST REGION that includes the State of Florida, the State of Louisiana, the Mobile–Pensacola Market area and Puerto Rico. Students MUST plan to attend or currently attend a four-year college/university with a declared major in Communications/Broadcasting with a concentration in television in the SUNCOAST REGION. Any other major will automatically disqualify your application.
The eligibility requirements are as follows
• Applicant must reside within the SUNCOAST REGION that includes the State of Florida, the State of Louisiana, the Mobile– Pensacola Market area and Puerto Rico and MUST plan to attend or currently attend an accredited college or university in the SUNCOAST REGION
• Be a high school graduating senior or a college student with a declared major in Communications/Broadcasting with a concentration in television
• Applicant MUST already be accepted to a college/university
• Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
• Submit an unofficial transcript
• Submit a resume along with the application
• Submit a one page bio
• Submit an essay (250 to 350 words):
As VR/AR technologies and Immersive Storytelling are increasingly becoming a reality, what kinds of indispensable skills do you think professionals entering the Broadcast Industry in the next decade will need to develop? – OR – With “on-demand” and OTT viewing being big disruptors to live television viewing in recent years, how do you see it affecting newscasts editorial decision making in years to come?
• Share links for two projects you’ve worked on along with a brief description of what your role was on each of those projects
• Letter of Recommendation: Please arrange to have one letter of recommendation from a faculty member
Please note: The letter should attest to character attributes such as integrity and leadership
• If chosen to participate in a personal interview with Scholarship Committee members, be prepared to give the name of the school you will attend, what semester the funds are needed for and the amount of funds needed for said semester
All guidelines must be met to avoid disqualification
If you have any questions, you may call Claudia Keppinger, Scholarship Chairman at
(305) 484-5773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If your call isn’t answered right away, please send a brief text identifying yourself as a Suncoast Scholarship Applicant and your call will be returned as soon as possible.